Monday, June 1, 2009

HORN OK PLEASE…!!!

Firstly, a good news. I bought a bike, “Bajaj Platina”. It was badly needed as I have to daily travel to the office. Travelling in buses was horrible and “autowallas” of Bangalore were too demanding. So I had to waste more time in travelling, which could also have been spent doing something constructive.
Bike gives you a sense of freedom and a driving pleasure. I can now go anywhere in city, anytime. I am so happy, not only because, I own a bike, but also, I have to no more be dependent on Bangalore’s autowallas.

Bangalore traffic made me realize the importance of horns in your vehicle. Not only it is necessary to alert the vehicles around you, but it’s also a mode for expression. During long traffic queues, I have seen people honking to show their anger towards vehicle ahead them. Their horns yell asking people to make roads for them. Horns are also a great mode of stress buster. Angrier you are with the traffic, harder you press the horn. Horns are also used to irritate people. I myself have tried to horn out autowallas ahead of me, just to irritate them. It’s my form of revenge against all the problems they have given to me during my two year stay at Bangalore. Horns are also mode for fun. I have heard weirdest of horns,from a baby’s cry to police’s siren. But actually I believe horns should always be weird. I guess, only then you are heard among all the similar sounds in traffic.

So next time, when you listen to a harsh horn around you, just for one second, try to think the real reason behind it.