Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I salute you Mr. Kamlesh Patel !!!

These days, on Friday late evenings, whenever I call up my loved ones, I get a same reply from all, ‘We are busy watching, Dance India Dance, so can we talk later!’ After months of being neglected on Friday evenings, I decided to check this show out. And believe me or not, I got hooked up to show! I was mesmerized by the emphatic dance performances of the contestants. I saw the whole show with the feeling of awe! I was personally impressed by the prince of popping and locking, “Prince” from Baroda.

But one performance made me cry (you know how emotional I am!). In fact everyone cried, including Mithun Da, the jury, the contestants and the audience. The credit goes to a man named, “Mr. Kamlesh Patel”. I was touched by his performance! As if, I was taught a great lesson of life, by that dance performance. You all must be thinking, what was so special in that performance?

Kamlesh Patel is a physically challenged man. He cannot stand on his legs, as his legs are paralyzed (at the age of 5). So he danced with his hands on Indian patriotic songs! We were all speechless by his performance with moistened eyes. We felt so small in front of him. As Mr. Remo (jury) said, ‘No one in this world can judge this performance’. When everyone was crying, Kamlesh Patel was smiling. I guess he was smiling on God, on the whole world, on us!

Kamlesh Patel had the fortitude and determination to fight against the odds. Even being paralyzed, he never bogged down, practiced dancing and honed his talent. Today, for me he is the man to look up to. He is the man, who teaches us, even in adversities, one shouldn’t accept defeat. Kamlesh Patel is an answer to all those who think, that being physically challenged is a curse.
Friends, learn not to complaint. Instead, learn to fight against the odds and emerge as the winner. And as always, be a step ahead.

Watch his dance performances here:
Kamlesh Patel Video 1
Kamlesh Patel Video 2

2 comments:

Deeptaman Mukherjee said...

Vibhor, Excellent post.

Thanks for sharing the videos too.

True, every Indian should be proud of what Kamlesh's determination and the willingness to succeed. Also, there lies a scope of motivation for every Indian. If all of us, put in the extra effort in everything we do, then for sure India will become a better country.

Great Blogging.
Looking forward to more posts.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the motivation bro...