Saturday, December 6, 2008

Anand...never dies...!!!


I saw the movie "Anand" today, I guess for the n'th time.
Yes, I had tears in my eyes, I guess for the n'th time.
Yes, the movie influenced the way I live life, again, I guess for the n'th time.

Certainly, the movie is an epic. Not just because, it was a huge hit of 1970s, neither it being a path-breaking movie. Rather, adding to the above two reasons, it leaves you with a thought!

The thought is, "Life should be great, not long !!!"

"Anand" the protagonist, is the patient of cancer, and has only 6 months to live more.
And in the words of "Anand" himself,

"What’s the difference between 70 years and 6 months. Death comes in a second. But in these 6 months, I will live every moment. If you are scared of death, what's the essence of death. As long as I am alive, I am not dead."

Friends, see this movie, if you have not seen it till yet. See this movie again, even if you had.

And the mine favorite dialogue from the movie,
"Does, every smile means joy, sometimes its sorrow also!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anand is indeed a classic movie...the moral? "the tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon but that we wait so long to begin it."